This Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb is so tender and juicy. Coated with a breadcrumb mixture and Dijon mustard, it's full of flavour. This delicious crusted rack of lamb dinner is easy to make in less than 1 hour any night.
Racks of lamb
- 2 racks of lamb (about 1 lb)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup thyme, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 400°F.step 2
Pat the lamb dry with paper towels and season with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the lamb on all sides until browned, about 3-4 mins. Place the lamb on a plate and cover it with foil, the residual heat improves the flavor and texture of the lamb.step 3
Place breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, garlic, unsalted shelled pistachios, salt, olive oil, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until combined. Place the mixture in a shallow bowl.step 4
Brush the lamb generously with Dijon mustard on all sides to coat. Dip the lamb chops into the breadcrumb mixture to coat evenly.step 5
Transfer the lamb to a baking sheet. Cover the ribs with foil to keep them from burning and baking. Bake for 20 - 25 mins until the internal temperature reaches 130°F.step 6
Remove the lamb from the oven and let rest for 15 mins. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
1. For perfect results, use a temperature probe to measure the internal temperature of the lamb. If it is overcooked, the lamb will be tough.
2. The lamb will continue to cook while it is resting after taking it out of the oven, about 5℉. So if you want to get medium doneness(135°F), remove the lamb at 130°F.
Leave a comment