This Creamy Tuscan Salmon recipe is definitely worth savoring. Pan-seared salmon fillets are crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Paired with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and a creamy sauce, all add a premium quality flavor to this recipe!
- 4 salmon fillets, patted dry with paper towels
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 5 ounces (150g) jarred sun-dried tomato strips in oil, drained of oil
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3-4 ounces spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, for the salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, for the sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, plus more
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of salmon with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.step 2
Add olive oil to hot pan and swirl to coat. When the oil is shimmering but not smoking, place the salmon skin side up in the pan and fry for 5 mins, until deeply golden. Flip and fry for another 2 mins. Transfer to a plate.
Add the butter to the remaining cooking juices in the pan. Once melted, add minced garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onion and fry until translucent. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and sauté for 1-2 mins.step 4
Reduce heat to low, add heavy cream and season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.step 5
Add the spinach and cook until the spinach starts to wilt. Add Parmesan cheese. Let the creamy sauce simmer for another minute, until the cheese is melted.step 6
Return salmon to skillet, spoon sauce over each fillet. Cook for 3 mins or until an instant thermometer reads 125°F to prevent overcooking.step 7
Sprinkle with parsley and serve with pasta, rice or vegetable salad. Enjoy!