BBQ Beef Tenderloin is an absolutely amazing main meal at parties. After being cut into thin slices, the outer skin is burnt, the inner is pink fleshy, and it also exudes the aroma of rosemary and thyme, which is absolutely attractive.
- 4 lbs beef tenderloin
- 4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
Trim the beef tenderloin, then cut it in half and pat dry excess water with kitchen paper.step 2
Tuck the long, thin end of the beef tenderloin. Use kitchen twine to tie the tenderloin tightly.step 3
Season with salt and pepper.step 4
Preheat oven to 425℉.step 5
In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and Dijon mustard well. Set aside.step 6
Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tenderloin and sear it on all four sides. Cook for about 2-3 mins per side, until a brown crust forms.step 7
Spread the butter mixture over the tenderloin, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part in the center, and transfer to the preheated oven.
Roast the tenderloin until it reaches 125℉ or your desired doneness.step 9
Remove twine, slice and serve. Enjoy!
1. If you have time, place the beef tenderloin in the fridge, uncovered, overnight or at least 10 hours before cooking it. It's not necessary but helps create a better crust when searing.
2. BBQ beef tenderloin can be served with a variety of sides. Here are some ideas: Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Green Beans, Roasted Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms, and Green Salad.
3. Beef Doneness-Rare: 125°F; Medium-rare: 135°F; Medium-rare: 145°F; Well-done: 160°F.